Monday, June 11, 2012

Oh the irony. As I sit down to blog about my upcoming commitment to read only Christian authors for my next 5 books, Amazon sends me the announcement that the just-released Dark Monk has now downloaded to my Kindle. I've been on the pre-release list for this followup to The Hangman's Daughter for MONTHS. (Which will you find more offensive: that my reading time is spent more with secular works, or that I use a Kindle?) I've struggled to find Christian fiction that really excites me, that keeps me hungry for more rather than reach for the next secular book on my bookcase because I want to read 'something good' next. So here's where you, our faithful Facebook family, come in: send in your suggestions of authors/series that you've come to love, and help me choose the next 5 books to read. You can recommend fiction, biographies, historical - almost anything but romance series. You'll be given an opportunity to vote for which of the five books you believe will give me fresh hope for a future as a Christian fiction enthusiast, and one of you will win a gift basket to start off your summer right!

No comments:

Post a Comment